savannah-hackers

[sr #110712] Cannot pull/push from savannah any more

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [sr #110712] Cannot pull/push from savannah any more
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2022 09:55:42 -0400 (EDT)

[comment #1 comment #1:]
> And that is all I can think of at the moment.  No one else is
> reporting unusuably slow data transfer.  Therefore it seems the
> problem is most likely on your end of the connection.  In which case
> only you on your end can debug it.

For reference, I have seen multiple complaints from people on GitHub and
reddit about savannah issues with cloning. For example,
https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs/issues/1707 or
https://github.com/doomemacs/doomemacs/issues/5655. Some projects even go as
far as maintaining savannah mirrors to avoid failures.

I myself also experienced slowdowns and failures fetching from savannah.
Sometimes they go away after a while. Sometimes, connecting from an
alternative location via VPN helps.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110712>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/