savannah-hackers

[sr #110723] Broken git remote HEAD

From: CismonX
Subject: [sr #110723] Broken git remote HEAD
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 04:27:05 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Fri 16 Sep 2022 04:27:04 PM CST By: CismonX <cismonx>
When cloning the git repository of some of my projects,
I got the following warning message from git:

  warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

The projects in question are listed below:

  ctlseqs
  vscode-texinfo

The problem is that the HEAD of remote repository points to `master'
instead of `primary', the former of which never existed, and the latter
is the default branch of these repositories.

Possibly related to [sr #110623].

I'd like to have the remove repository of these two projects fixed, so
that HEAD points to `primary' branch and `git clone' works as expected.

This problem could apply to other projects on Savannah with non-master
default branch.  Perhaps a full check is necessary.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110723>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/