savannah-hackers

[sr #110733] Emails received from dmidecode-devel list are base64-encode

From: Jean Delvare
Subject: [sr #110733] Emails received from dmidecode-devel list are base64-encoded
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2022 11:54:09 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Tue 27 Sep 2022 05:54:08 PM CEST By: Jean Delvare <khali>
The last few emails received from the dmidecode-devel list are no longer plain
text, instead they are base64-encoded. Software developers definitely prefer
plain-text emails as they are easier to process with a variety of tools.

Was this change made on purpose, or is it an accident? If nothing else,
unconditionally base64-encoding all messages is going to make network traffic
and list archives significantly larger.

The last plain-text email on the list is from September 19th, the first
base64-encoded email is from September 22nd. I am the administrator of the
list, and did not make any configuration change at that time. I did notice a
recent change though: I stopped receiving moderation notifications.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110733>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.nongnu.org/