savannah-hackers

Re: Suggested amendment for the Mercurial documentation on Savannah

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Suggested amendment for the Mercurial documentation on Savannah
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 14:12:58 +0000

Hello, Ineiev.

On Sun, Aug 06, 2023 at 07:48:45 +0000, Ineiev wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 02:20:27PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> >
> > I've just imported a Mercurial repository for the new group cc-mode, as
> > part of moving a project from SourceForge to Savannah.
> > So, I propose that that this page be amended, and I enclose a proposed
> > patch.  Just that my HTML competence is somewhat rudimentary, so the
> > patch will probably need amendment from somebody more skilled in HTML.

> Thank you, I've updated our documentation.

Thanks!

Yes, the update is better than my original suggestion

Would it be possible to update the "same" page on savannah.nongnu.org,
too, please?

There's one point on the new page which I think remains a little
puzzling.  That's the comment "Now fill the repository at Savannah:"
which suggests the repository somehow already exists.  I think the text
"Now create the repository at Savannah:" would be less puzzling.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).