savannah-users

Re: [Savannah-users] How to subscribe to a bugreport?

From: Paul Smith
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 06:21:35 -0400

On Thu, 2019-06-13 at 10:12 +0300, Konstantin Kharlamov wrote:
> On Чт, июн 13, 2019 at 06:48, Ineiev <
> address@hidden
> > wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 09:41:23AM +0300, Konstantin Kharlamov
> > wrote:
> > >   Oh, did I mention the site also lost all whitespace
> > >   formatting that I applied to the report? 😄t
> >
> > In fact, it is not completely lost, you can see it in the
> > "page source", it's just browsers that "collapse" the spaces;
> > perhaps we should modify rendering to enforce them.
>
> Thanks! If I could advice on it, I'd recommend a bugzilla-like
> behavior: they retain all whitespace formatting, however is text is
> limited inside some box, and upon exceeding the width of that box a
> line gets wrapped.

The "formatting" in Savannah is one of the most annoying things about
it.  There _is_ markup available but it's limited and totally non-
standard (I understand that there wasn't much of a standard when
Savannah/Savane were being developed but that's not the case now).

To get verbatim text you have to write:

+verbatim+
my text here
-verbatim-

Any misspellings and it won't work.  And of course, there's no preview
capability and there's no way to edit comments once they're created...

Full info about what is available can be found here:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/cookbook/?func=detailitem&item_id=125