savannah-users

Re: [Savannah-users] SSH not working: upgraded?

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: [Savannah-users] SSH not working: upgraded?
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 17:46:42 -0700

On 2019-06-20 16:14, Bob Proulx wrote:
Can you give some more details about what is not working?  Run ssh
with the -v option.  If you get the diagnostic shown here:

  ssh cvs.savannah.gnu.org
  You tried to execute:
  Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.

I have been able to confirm that DSA2 keys are now rejected.

My RSA and ECDSA keys work.

This is an issue with newer OpenSSH; DSA keys have been deprecated.

https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/112802/why-openssh-deprecated-dsa-keys

However, I can't explain why initially my RSA key didn't work. It does now.