savannah-users

Re: Can no longer login to savannah.

From: Jan Owoc
Subject: Re: Can no longer login to savannah.
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 07:18:45 -0600

Hi Carlo,

On Sun., Mar. 21, 2021, 03:06 Carlo Wood, <carlo@alinoe.com> wrote:

> As maintainer of GNU which I used to have
> an account on carlo@savannah.gnu.org
>
> In my ~/.ssh/config I find:
>
> Host cvs.savannah.gnu.org which
> ConnectionAttempts 3
> HostName cvs.savannah.gnu.org
> ForwardX11 no
> IdentityFile ~/.ssh/subversions_dsa
> User carlo
>
> which I used for CVS repository access.
>
> However, now 'ssh carlo@savannah.gnu.org' asks
> for my password and refuses the one that I had
> used (Permission denied).
>
> Same for CVS access.

The first thing I would try is to generate new RSA keys, and paste your new
public key into Savannah (you can keep up to 4 keys). I know DSA keys are
now discouraged, and it's possible that an old DSA key is being blocked.

I would check CVS access specifically, as SSH might have additional
requirements for access.

Jan