savannah-users

Re: cgit syntax highlight request

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: cgit syntax highlight request
Date: Wed, 3 May 2023 01:21:08 -0300

Hello,

> I vote for no color.

I vote for colorizing, and i agree that highlight is a better choice
(it also does a better job imo).

But this said, is it not possible to write a script, that the savannah
admin could pass/use to configure cgit syntax-highlighting, that would
first check for a project variable that we (savannah users) could set on
a per project base, and that var would be set to #f by default?

> Even the URL that was brought up by the advocates of coloring

I actually did paste the link to show, to those who asked in the
#savannah if it was possible to configure cgit to do so ... but
it's a bit unfortunate to use it as a bad syntax-highlighting'
(counter)example because it is a guix config file ... not a 'pure
scheme file [1]

David

[1]     guix has numerous syntax and struct def that would probably
needs custom treatments

even emacs sometimes needs 'an update' for its scheme mode - I recently
asked to add a change to the scheme.el mode, because in G-Golf, I added
a define-vfunc syntax and i wich it syntax-highlight those forms as it
does for define-method ...