screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #60092] UTF-8 Crash (Even After Patch)

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #60092] UTF-8 Crash (Even After Patch)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 06:14:16 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, bug #60092 (project screen):

Hi Drew,

thanks for the bug report and especially the example. (Hint to others: It's 18
MB big and that might be why Savannah refused to attach it.)

I though can't reproduce a crash on neither Debian 9 Stretch nor on Debian
Unstable (both with the patch being applied).

So yes, I suspect that the screen session which crashed was still running a
server process from before the update.

To benefit from the patch, all running screen sessions need to be restarted.
Just reconnecting does not help, as it crashes at least also the server side.
This is probably something we should have put into the DSA message but forgot
since it was obvious for us, well, at least for me.

Regards, Axel

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?60092>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/