RE: real-time mouse selection in vi

From: Michael Grant
Subject: RE: real-time mouse selection in vi
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:15:27 +0000

What is ‘bpr’?

From: BX Snipa
Sent: 10 December 2020 06:10
To: Michael Grant

bpr

From: screen-users <screen-users-bounces+xb_elogie=hotmail.com@gnu.org> on behalf of Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 10:36 AM
To: screen-users@gnu.org <screen-users@gnu.org>
Subject: real-time mouse selection in vi

When I use putty to ssh into a machine without screen running, when I vi a file, I can click and drag out a region of text in real time. Each subsequent character highlights as I move the mouse while the left mouse button is held down.

However, when I do the same thing but within screen, it takes a second click to highlight the text and it does not highlight the text in real-time.  The region highlights only after the second click.

Any idea how to get the real-time selection working within screen?

Michael Grant