Re: prevent screen region clearing

From: Michael Grant
Subject: Re: prevent screen region clearing
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 15:06:56 -0500

> Now when vim exits in the main region, the other region immediately quits.
>
> If someone knows a less hacky solution, please let me know. Thought I'd
> post this for anyone searching for a similar problem in future.

Are you using PuTTY?  In PuTTY, there's an option under
Terminal->Features called "Disable switching to alternate terminal
screen".  Try checking this box.  Maybe other ssh clients have a similar option.

If you leave this box unchecked, when you enter an editor like vi, it
switches to an alternate screen (not a gnu-scren screen, but a
terminal screen) and when you exit vi, it switches back to the real
screen.

Try disabling that feature and see if that helps.

Michael Grant