security-discuss

Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [security-discuss] gnuradio project DoS attacks GNU wget users
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 18:47:52 +0300

Thanks for pointing this out. It should be clear that none of GNU
software packages should be hosted on such proprietary software
systems, that deny users' rights to download the software.

It is hard for me to understand why those project managers use
Cloudflare or captchas, is the money the problem, what is the problem
there?

Are there so many users downloading the software, that the project
managers lack the money for hosting? Isn't hosting today pretty cheap?

Jean Louis