shaman-x-public

[Sh-X] MySQL and Shaman-X project draft to-do list

From: Dominique Chabord
Subject: [Sh-X] MySQL and Shaman-X project draft to-do list
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:49:09 +0100

Hello,

Let's put together a list of what we think should be done to get a valid
prototype of an mySQL database failover integrated solution.

here is my first 1K actions list: would you add yours ?

A1- Resolution: on this project we will write comprehensive, accurate and
beautiful doc.

A2- finalise topology choice, identify expected functionnality, understand
caveats. On going.

A3- develop a My-SQL management library of basic actions (list to be
finalised : here as examples)
    - initialise
    - start
    - set to primary
    - set to head-of-slaves
    - set to slave
    - set to standalone
    - stop
    - monitor local up-to-date-ness (from crontab or better)

A4- write wdx scripts which automate these actions

A5- design a database configuration text file to centralize parameters for
all these scripts

A6- adapt cdx interactive configuration wizard to create the configuration
file

A7- adapt shaman command to generate and manage the tar file for deployment
on all computers

A8- write a quick and dirty read-me file, so some of the users will survive
and apolojize for not providing a true howto document.

A1024- and then test, test, test and test. (how is to be invented)

Please comment (your opinion is not a commitment to do it ;-)
Thank you for your contribution
Regards
Dominique