shell-script-pt

Re: [shell-script] Copiar arquivos com espaço no nome

From: Cléoson Barreto
Subject: Re: [shell-script] Copiar arquivos com espaço no nome
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 11:05:41 -0300

Olá!

     Tenta o seguinte:

$ find /media/hd -print0 -iname \*jpg | xargs -0 -I{} cp '{}' /media/bkp/

     O "segredo" de copiar os arquivos com espaço está na opção "-print0" do
find e opção "-0" do xargs.

    Do man do find:
-print0: True;  print  the  full  file name on the standard output, followed
by a null character (instead of the newline character that -print uses).
This allows file names that contain newlines or other types of white space
to be correctly interpreted by programs that process the find output.  This
option  corresponds  to the -0 option of xargs.

     Do man do xargs:
-0: Input  items  are  terminated by a null character instead of by
whitespace, and the quotes and backslash are not special (every character is
taken literally). Disables the end of file string, which is treated like any
other argument.  Useful when input items might contain white space, quote
marks,  or  backslashes. The GNU find -print0 option produces input suitable
for this mode.

--
[]'s
Cléoson.