silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Installed silpa-flask

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Installed silpa-flask
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 23:00:57 +0530

On 22:40 Tue 06 Nov     , Shrinivasan T wrote:
> Friends.
>
> I installed flask and the silpa-flask is running fine in my ubuntu laptop.
>
> Started to learn flask.
> reading its documentation.
>
> Do you have any other materials to read to start contributing to
> silpa?

Most of the request response handling is done using Flask so Flask is
good documentation to start. If you want to understand logic behind
modules aka algorithms used you should be able to find them all in
Santhosh's website [1]

[1] http://thottingal.in

> Is there any list of tasks to do or bugs to fix?

As of now I've not listed any TODO's will do that soon. Most important
TODO's are separating out the modules from Silpa [2] into independent
modules. Currently done modules include

1. Transliteration
2. Spellcheck
3. Normalizer
4. Soundex
5. Approx Search
6. chardetails
7. Payyans
8. GuessLanguage

So you can separate out remaining modules into python modules and create
repository of the same in Github.

Currently 1-7 are integrated into Flask Silpa 8 is pending you can do
that and once you separate out the modules start integrating them to
Flask Silpa.

Sorry I was not able to put up documentation on how to integrate module
into Flask Silpa but from code you should be easily able to install the
process, if not please drop a mail here with your doubts.

[2] http://silpa.org.in

Best Regards
--
Vasudev Kamath