silpa-discuss

Re: [silpa-discuss] Continue Working on Proposal

From: Vasudev Kamath
Subject: Re: [silpa-discuss] Continue Working on Proposal
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2014 23:00:57 +0530

Santhosh Thottingal <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wednesday, April 23, 2014, Vasudev Kamath <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
>     > some basic routes/endpoints of app, for this case only
>     (enable/disable a
>     > module), may be these :
>     > '/enable/:ModuleName' [POST] => 'enables a particular module'
>     > 'disable/:ModuleName' [POST] => 'disables a particular module'
>     > '/logout', '/login' [GET/POST] => 'admin login thing'
>
>     Yes right, Its good to provide some gui to allow editing the conf
>     files, and I'm all for implementing things as API and then
>     consuming
>     it in UI, we already do it with other front end which consumes
>     JSONRPC
>     api.
>
>     I'm okay with this part please go ahead and write a POC code for
>     this,
>     base it on development branch.
>
>     @Santhosh @jishnu are you okay with this?
>

> Thanks for writing your idea. I have some difficulty to visualize how
> the problem-solution pair is unique to Silpa project. I try to see
> this as API authentication problem with some granular control. Isn't
> something to be developed as a middleware and integrate with a
> python-flask to Silpa if at all needed?

Come to think of it yes there should be lot of extension available to do
this, Pravendra can you also look into the extensions?

> If you ask me whether such a api end point control is really required
> for Silpa, I would love to see our development efforts more focus on
> language computing problems and balance the general purpose web
> framework problems by using good framework and middlewares. Since
> Vasudev is leading some of those developments, it is upto him to
> decide though.

I completely agree we need to concentrate on getting the algorithms
fixed first and providing a sane api interface than other things, we can
prioritize the work for this

--
Vasudev Kamath
http://copyninja.info