skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] sxml and shtml output

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] sxml and shtml output
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 22:58:31 +0100

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schilling <address@hidden> writes:

> While it's of course possible to use htmlprag and sxml in order to
> convert the xml or html output of the respective skribilo engines, I
> wonder whether going straight from skribilo makeup to shtml or sxml might be
> more efficient as sxml and shtml are sort of abstract syntax trees in
> s-expressiobn syntax, as is skribilo ast. Would that be useful?

An SXML representation would be very close to Skribilo's AST as returned
by the reader.  It could be useful to Scheme/Lisp applications designed
to operate on SXML and not on Skribilo's AST, of course; OTOH, I'm not
sure there are so many of them, since the tags and structure of the SXML
tree would be Skribilo-specific anyway.

Did you have any particular application in mind?

Thanks,
Ludo'.