skribilo-users

Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine

From: Roger Mason
Subject: Re: [skribilo-users] Customising the ConTeXt engine
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 07:27:00 -0330

Hi Ludo',

>>  However, if we could get skribilo to create the default
>> context-book.tex the user would have the option to use it as-is, and
>> get a compileable context document without further effort, or to copy
>> it to a different name and tweak the context settings.  Running
>> skribilo wth the user-style option would then provide a customised
>> version of their context document.
>
> OK.

I will work on getting skribilo to create the default context-book.tex.
Unlike LaTeX, ConTeXt does not provide much in the way of pre-defined
styles and will happily compile a document with no title or author etc.
so most people provide their own setup.  A skribilo user, having
inserted a title and author in the document will expect those to appear
in the ConTeXt document, and that is what context-book.tex should
provide.  I will base the default on this:

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Document_Titles
(In ConTeXt: A more reusable solution)

> Right, there’s no engine that produces Scheme code, so this cannot be
> done directly from the command line.
>
> At the Guile REPL though, the outline → Scheme conversion goes like
> this:
>
> $ guile
> […]
> scheme@(guile-user)> ,use (skribilo reader)
> scheme@(guile-user)> (define read-outline (make-reader 'outline))
> scheme@(guile-user)> (call-with-input-string "* Section\n\n**
> Subsection\n\nbody!"
>                      read-outline)
> $2 = (document #:title #f #:author (author #:name #f) #:keywords (quote ())
> (chapter #:title "Section" (section #:title "Subsection" (p (list "body!"
> "\n")))))

Thank you!  That is what I needed.

Best wishes,
Roger