skribilo-users

[skribilo-users] Encoding error (with Unicode characters?)

From: Tirifto
Subject: [skribilo-users] Encoding error (with Unicode characters?)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 16:36:26 +0200

Hello!

I just recently discovered Skribilo, and would like to see if it can
make my life bright and shining, but so far I've been having trouble
getting it to export my documents. It works fine as long as the text
only contains ASCII characters, but the moment I add one of ‘ĉĝĥĵŝŭ’
(including the quotation marks), it throws an error:

  $ skribilo -t html document.skb -o document.html

  [Omitted backtrace]

  ERROR: In procedure display:
  Throw to key `encoding-error' with args `("put-char" "conversion to
  port encoding failed" 84 #<output: document.html 9> #\ĥ)'.

The above comes from the following document:

  (document :title [This is a document]
     [which has eĥoŝanĝon ĉiuĵaŭdan in it.])

Which comes as a surprise from a program named ‘Skribilo’! Am I doing
something wrong, or is it supposed to not handle these characters?

Best regards
// Tirifto