sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Re: [pgp-keyserver-folk] keyids in signatures getting corrup

From: John Belmonte
Subject: [Sks-devel] Re: [pgp-keyserver-folk] keyids in signatures getting corrupted, GPG and/or Debian problem?
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 12:02:42 -0400

Jason Harris wrote:
The bogus packet could have been generated at any time after the good
signature from 2003-12-06 was made available (to anyone else), but it
doesn't seem to have been submitted to a keyserver by you.

Yaron, will you inquire about the log(s) for keyserver.bu.edu?
It seems like someone submitted the bogus packet via HKP to bu.edu
about 10 minutes after John sent his Debian userid to mit.edu.

In that case, I suspect something in the Debian infrastructure. I don't recall the timing, but it seems likely that after adding the debian ID to my key and uploading to mit.edu, the next thing I did was try to update my key on the Debian keyring.

-John

--
http:// if  ile.org/