sks-devel

[Sks-devel] upgrading pgp.surfnet.nl

From: Teun Nijssen
Subject: [Sks-devel] upgrading pgp.surfnet.nl
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 11:06:32 +0200

Hi all,

last February minsky.surfnet.nl quietly had its fifth birthday; like its
predecessor (for the old-timers: horowitz.surfnet.nl) it has proved to be a
solid box, but it is getting too old now.

The replacement box is diffie.surfnet.nl 194.171.167.98 which is an 8 GB
dual quad-core running Debian Lenny and SKS 1.1.0-4 straight from the
Debian repositories. The machine also runs one of the fastest TOR relay
servers of the world; this is reflected in its reverse DNS.

In the coming days I will move the pgp.surfnet.nl alias from minsky to
diffie; later I will add minsky.surfnet.nl as an alias to diffie, after I
figure out other aliases. Minsky is a CNAME in e.g. keys.pgp.net and
keys.nl.pgp.net. If anyone is aware of other aliases, please let me know.

cheers,

teun