sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Slow syncing

From: John Clizbe
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Slow syncing
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 01:15:07 -0600

Ryan wrote:
> I had the same issue develop last year, never figured out why but when the
> server was unexpectedly rebooted it came back and started working fine.  I
> recompiled/rebuilt the db, everything and nothing worked, it'd get stuck on a
> loop requesting same keys over and over again never getting anywhere.
>
> I retired the server shortly after this reboot and I have not had any issues
> w/my current setup.

The only time I've seen anything like that recently was a problem that looked
like a locking issue on the DB files. I setup DB_CONFIG files in both KDB and
PTree and haven't had any problem since.

address@hidden:/var/sks/KDB# cat DB_CONFIG
set_cachesize 0 134217728 1
set_flags DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE
set_lg_regionmax 1048576
set_lg_max 10485760
set_lg_bsize 2097152
set_lk_detect DB_LOCK_DEFAULT
set_tmp_dir /tmp
set_lock_timeout 1000
set_txn_timeout 1000
address@hidden:/var/sks/KDB#

Works fine on a 1.5GHz Athlon XP w/ 1GB RAM

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"