sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Why THANK YOU Oracle!

From: John Clizbe
Subject: [Sks-devel] Why THANK YOU Oracle!
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 14:49:47 -0500

> Berkeley DB X/Open Compliant XA Resource Manager
>
> Constraints
> New Flag
> Modified Function
>
> The Berkeley DB X/open compliant XA resource manager has been restored. (It
> was removed from the product after the 4.7 release.) The new implementation
> includes support for multi-threaded servers. Consult the documentation of
> your chosen transaction manager to learn how to implement a multi-threaded
> server.
> Constraints
>
> Applictions that use a BDB XA resource manager must now take into account the
> following constraints.
>
>     * No in-memory logging.
>     * No application-level child transactions.
>     * All database-level operations (open, close, create and the like) must
> be performed outside of a global transactions (i.e., they can be performed in
> local BDB transactions, but not while a distributed XA transaction is active).
>     * Environment configuration must be done using a DB_CONFIG file.
>     * Cursors must be closed before a service invocation returns.
>
> New Flag
>
>     * DB_XA_CREATE - This flag is passed to db_create() to create a DB handle
> that supports XA transactions.
>
> Modified Function
>
>     * DB->stat() now returns the field DB_TXN_STAT->DB_TXN_ACTIVE->xa_status,
> which contains information on the XA transactions.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17076_02/html/installation/upgrade_11gr2_52_xa.html

So now we only need work-around code for 4.7, 4.8, 5.0, & 5.1.

- --
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) GingerBear DAWT net
FSF Assoc #995 / FSFE Fellow #1797  hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or
     mailto:address@hidden

"When life hands you melons, I think it's about time you admit to
yourself that you're dyslexic."