sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] mailsync
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 20:47:26 -0400

On 2011-09-19 at 09:05 +0200, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Searching alternate mailsync peer in the list archive is
> not possible because archive sites hide e-mail addresses. :-(
> So I also have to ask: where to forward e-mail updates?
> Sorry for the noise.

I emailed and got permission from <address@hidden> to add
<address@hidden> to my mailsync.  Try asking them?

Wow, that was November 2008.  Time flies, and SKS is rather stable, that
it tends to be one of the services I have to worry about the least.

> BTW. I think I could hack a 40 line Perl script in a few
> hours that receives mails containing ASCII armored keys
> and uploads them with HTTP as if they came from HTML form.
> What pitfalls should be avoided?

Bear in mind that the whole point is to make sure keys spread to the
non-SKS network, and that SKS ships with sks_add_mail which you should
tie into an email address on your system.  You then set that as the
from_addr in sksconf.

-Phil