sks-devel

[Sks-devel] "central" membership file idea

From: Jan Kesten
Subject: [Sks-devel] "central" membership file idea
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 07:47:31 +0100

Hi folks!

Maybe there is no interest - or in a "I'm up again" it was simply overread, so
here on it's own:

While clearing up my membership file, I wondered if it would be a good
idea to have a list with peers who are willing to gossip with all others
maintained. I'm doing this with my backup server already, which updates
his membership file automatically. If there is interest I'm willing to
maintain such a list for usage by the community - any comments?

I wrote a small script which merges to files to a running confing like many
debian packages use. If there is interest I will clean it up a bit and publish
it. Scheme is like this:

membership.central + membership.local ---merge---> membership

So I have only one place to maintain the membership file, while I have a place
to keep members that should only gossip with one of the two nodes (indeed
currently rather useless since this is only my backup machine).

Apart from that, I'm looking for more peers

Cheers,
Jan

PS: sorry if my english isn't good - feel free to correct me ;-)