sks-devel

[Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net: Finally parallelised / Diff changed to 1

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: [Sks-devel] sks-keyservers.net: Finally parallelised / Diff changed to 1, 000
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:05:01 +0100

Dear all,

I've finally gotten around to fixing my Issue 4[1] with the commit of
r74[2]

That means that the pool-detection is now parallelised - and the
update run is now down to 3.3 minutes from 14.5 minutes in sequential
mode. As such. As the process is no longer linear to the number of
recursions I have removed the recursion limit, so additional servers
should now show up in the pool.

On another note I've changed the diff-limit for inclusion in the pool
from 500 to 1,000. The reason for this is simply that there seems to
be more activity these days than when the limit was first set, and it
seems to better match the servers that are actually up to date, but
havnen't had a CalcDB run recently.

As with any other major change to a code-base, it might introduce
bugs. So please fill in a Issue[3] if this change has caused any

[1] http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyservers-pool/issues/detail?id=4
[2] http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyservers-pool/source/detail?r=74
[3] http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyservers-pool/issues/list
- --
- ----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
- ----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/