sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Clocks, timers, PTree and wiki advice

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Clocks, timers, PTree and wiki advice
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 23:07:36 -0700

On 2012-03-24 at 21:08 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> I question the analysis (but not what is observed).

I do too.  I've no idea why this is happening, which is why the summary
is so vague.  But I'm not an SKS developer.

My best guess, which is *only* a guess and I haven't had time to
investigate and so I didn't provide it on the page, is that the
timestamp is being put into a key somewhere, so when you get two events
with the same time, you have two items in a log and one in the tree and
the consistency check at the SKS level discovers that one of the two
logged items isn't in the tree, and things bail on the corruption.

Absent investigating that, I summarised the view expressed on the list
by those experiencing the problem.

-Phil