sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New Server

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New Server
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 10:02:12 -0400

On Apr 28, 2012, at 8:55 AM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:

> On 07.02.2012 23:28, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
>> Mike Doty wrote, On 02/07/2012 04:13 AM:
>>> Hi All,
>>
>>> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
>>> servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the
>>> following entry and provide your details in return so I can do
>>> the same:
>>
>>> keyserver.uberslacks.com  11370 # Mike Doty 0xA797C7A7
>>
>>> Thank you.
>>

>> Hi Mike,
>>
>> I've added you to the membership file of keys2.kfwebs.net
>> keys2.kfwebs.net 11370 # 0x6b0b9508
>>

> Hi,
>
> FYI I've committed some changes to sks-keyservers.net in order to use
> the reported Hostname of the SKS keyserver rather than the hostname
> listed in any given peer list. One of the reasons for this is the
> magnitude of aliases in use resulting in multiple occurrences in the
> pool list.

Your remarks resemble my key servers. Can't be helped, sorry.

> Anyhow, since this change, your SKS server will be out of the pool
> until a proper FQDN (OK, technically not as there isn't a trailing
> dot) hostname is set in the sksconf file. This is currently set to
> "services" according to [1, 2], where by i'd expect it to read
> "keyserver.uberslacks.com"

Can you state the requirements for a "proper FQDN" name in the context
of pool inclusion precisely?

Just asking for information on current implementation state: Aliasing is a very
hard
problem to solve, particularly when IPv4 <-> IPv6 aliasing is also involved.

73 de Jeff