sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Peering against "pool.sks-keyservers.net"?

From: Kim Minh Kaplan
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Peering against "pool.sks-keyservers.net"?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 17:38:50 +0000

Jeffrey Johnson :

> On a somewhat related note (before I dig into OCAML), can anyone
> state the retry loop algorithm that is currently implemented for
> non-responding peers?

It's a long time since I worked on this but if I remember correctly, the
current algorithm is to continuously repeat:

   - wait for recon_sync_interval
   - randomly pick a member,
   - randomly choose one of this member's IP address,
   - do a single recon attempt with this IP address,

That is there is no specific retry for non-responding peers. They will
eventually get retried at random.
--
Kim Minh