sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c cont

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] 0xd5920e937cc1e39b shows signatures with 0xca57ad7c continuing?
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 11:55:55 +0200 (CEST)

> > Actually it is not true that SKS does not modify certs.
>
> AFAIK, no one in this discussion ever claimed it does.  It was claimed

I did not say that someone stated this. :-)
However I say: if one kind of modification is allowed
then the other is also possible.

> that SKS never deletes information, which rather moots the rest of your
> email.  :)

IMHO blocking the upload of garbage is a good idea itself. (1.)

We can just debate about merging or not such an expired info that is
unacceptable on other hand. (2.)

If somebody uploaded a key 10 years ago that had or has expired
signatures but he don't touch it key server does not execute any arbitrary
changes. It may drop invalid signatures under control of the end user.

Gabor
--
Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer?
Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.