sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] May keyservers disappaired from http://sks-keyservers.ne

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] May keyservers disappaired from http://sks-keyservers.net
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:22:23 +0200

Hi Marco,

On 2012-06-27 11:04, Marco Nenciarini wrote:
> Looking at http://sks-keyservers.net/status/ I see about half of the
> keyserver I'm used to see there.

There shouldn't be that much change to the servers in the pool, but the
exclude list has been updated to include most of the servers that used
to be in the non-responsive list, as this was (i) becoming so large that
it was reducing the information value of the servers that are actually
viable for inclusion (ii) adding extra strain on the server when polling
for online servers (iii) relatively static.

> Also the keyserver I maintain is not present at all[1], but from my POV
> is up and running.
>
> [1] http://sks-keyservers.net/status/info/keyserver.linux.it
> Could you check if something has gone wrong?

I was a bit too trigger-happy, this has now been removed from the
exclude list :) (or rather, it was non-responsive at the time I
generated the exclude list, and didn't catch it upon the following
review of the list)

--
----------------------------
Kristian Fiskerstrand
address@hidden
http://www.sumptuouscapital.com
Twitter: @krifisk
----------------------------
Corruptissima re publica plurimæ leges
The greater the degeneration of the republic, the more of its laws
This email was digitally signed using the OpenPGP
standard. If you want to read more about this
The book: Sending Emails - The Safe Way: An
introduction to OpenPGP security is now
available in both Amazon Kindle and Paperback
format at
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RSG1S4/
Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at http://www.sumptuouscapital.com/pgp/