sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver

From: Ronny Wagner
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 15:06:17 +0000

Sry there was a problem in the DB.

The Server is with the new Dump online.

Ronny

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: John Clizbe [mailto:address@hidden
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 7. November 2012 01:22
An: Ronny Wagner; address@hidden
Betreff: Re: [Sks-devel] new keyserver

Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2012-11-06 at 18:18 +0000, Ronny Wagner wrote:
>> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
>> servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following
>> entry and provide your details in return so I can do the same:
>
> SKS does not efficiently manage synchronisation from "empty".  You
> need to get yourself mostly caught up with a recent dump, so that the
> workload you impose on those who peer with you will be minimal.
>
> Your server reports statistics at:
>   http://keys-01.licoho.de:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats
>
> and, because it's loaded, the numbers are accurate.  You have 0 keys
> loaded.  Peering with you right now is problematic.
>
> I'll re-emphasize what John wrote: you *really* _really_ need to read
> the https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering
> page; not skim, but read.

Oh, BTW https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/wiki/KeydumpSources

I tried the http://keyserver.borgnet.us/dump/ dump a couple weeks ago for one
of my dev boxes. It's > 150k keys out-of-sync. (Current sks-keyservers.net
status page says 157.445) Good idea to avoid this one.

I'd wait until the dump at ftp://ftp.prato.linux.it/pub/keyring/dump-latest/
finishes Wednesday morning, load that, and be as close as possible to caught-up.

--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet: John (a) Gingerbear DAWT net
SKS/Enigmail/PGP-EKP                  or: John ( @ ) Enigmail DAWT net

A:"An odd melody / island voices on the winds / surplus of vowels"