sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] New server at keyserver.mesh.deuxpi.ca

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] New server at keyserver.mesh.deuxpi.ca
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:55:28 -0500

On 2012-11-12 at 11:52 -0500, Philippe Gauthier wrote:
> This keyserver has been populated with a recent dump. There is an
> important limitation that this host can only be accessed over IPv6 (it
> has access to the IPv4 world, but though NAT). If this is not a problem
> for some servers, I would appreciate it if we could set up peering. This
> is my "membership" entry:
>
> keyserver.mesh.deuxpi.ca 11370 # Philippe Gauthier 0xD8E07AFA

The hostname in DNS now has an A record too, but the recon port is not
open on IPv4.  This isn't going to work too well.

You can use different hostnames for peering and for clients, and give
the peers the hostname which you want usable from the outside world.
You probably want to keep the hostname in sksconf to be the external
one, as that's what external pool systems may use for SRV records.

-Phil