sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Searching servers to sync new server

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Searching servers to sync new server
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 10:06:00 +0200

On 8/31/2014 12:04 PM, echelon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.
>
> I am running SKS version 1.1.5 on a debian wheezy system (backports of
> SKS), on keys.i2p-projekt.de port 80 with the apache2 proxy setup.
> This is a private server dedicated mainly to the I2P network
> (https://geti2p.net) and is reachable via I2P
> (http://keys.echelon.i2p) and via clearnet IPv4/IPv6
> http://keys.i2p-projekt.de. HTTPS will be added later (if needed).
> The server is physically located in Germany (EU).
> The machine has IPv6 connectivity.
>
> I have loaded a keydump from
> "keyserver.secretresearchfacility.com/dump/", dated 2014-08-30.
> I see 3.704.974 keys loaded.
>
> For operational issues, please contact me directly.
>
> keys.i2p-projekt.de 80 # echelon <address@hidden> 0x4A9B1723

Hi,

Your server is listening on ports 11371 in addition to 80. Is this what
you intended?

Also, the suggested membership line is incorrect: you specified port 80
as the recon port. According to
http://keys.i2p-projekt.de/pks/lookup?op=stats your server is listening
to port 11370 for recon traffic.

Assuming you intend to listen to port 11370 for recon traffic, the
correct line would be:
keys.i2p-projekt.de 11370 # echelon <address@hidden> 0x4A9B1723

That said, I've added your server as a peer (assuming you intend to
listen for recon on 11370). You can add mine to your membership file as:

ams.sks.heypete.com 11370 # Pete Stephenson <address@hidden> 0x85EB9F44

Cheers!
-Pete