sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] HKP Spec Progress

From: David Shaw
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] HKP Spec Progress
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 22:58:39 -0500

On Jan 10, 2015, at 7:29 PM, Daniel Roesler <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm unable to find any updates beyond the original draft of
> the OpenPGP HTTP Keyserver Protocol (HKP)[1]. Since the sks
> keyservers are based on this protocol, are there any plans
> on making progress in its adoption. It's been over 11 years,
> so what can we do to get hkp finished?

I guess the question is what "finished" means.  Is there anything in the draft
that is incorrect or needs expansion?

Note that the current draft is for an Informational RFC, rather than a
standards track one, so (and I don't mean this in a disparaging way), is there
anything that having an IETF published document enables us to do that we can't
do by just sticking the protocol document on a web page somewhere?

David