sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] seeking peers for keys.enteig.net

From: Matt Wagner
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] seeking peers for keys.enteig.net
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 15:14:29 -0400

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 09:50:45PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.
>
> I am running SKS version 1.1.5, on keys.enteig.net.

I'd be happy to peer:
gpg.n1zyy.com 11370 # Matt Wagner <address@hidden> 0x2BE02E05

> I am running this on a little ARM device at a home in Berlin, Germany.
> The machine has no IPv6 connectivity.

Neat! I played with this on a Pi (not in the pool), which seemed to work,
though the key import was very slow (probably due to the SD card). I'll
be interested to see how this works out.

> PS: What magnitude of traffic do I have to expect from this experiment?

I have haproxy stats at http://gpg.n1zyy.com:8002/ (though this doesn't
fully count recon traffic, I suppose). It's kind of messy; the 'sks'
column is what you want. ('main' is IPv4; 'ipv6' is obviously IPv6, and
'sks' is the backend that they both speak to.)

Looks like about 66GB over 112 days, so a bit over 500MB a day traffic.
I haven't actually watched this closely.