sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] curl | sudo bash (was: hockeypuck)

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] curl | sudo bash (was: hockeypuck)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 11:15:18 +0200

On Tue, 05 May 2015 00:51:40 +0000
Brian Minton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I take it running a http proxy is not an option? Alternatively, download
> the source on one machine and build it, then transfer the binaries to your
> production server.

No, it's not the proxy. I blocked 80 intentionally. It was more on a principle
level that it might not be the best idea to run kind-of-critical infrastructure
on unverified code.

I know that most of the time you'll be fine, but with that attitude we open
doors to that one instance where people manipulate the code while in transfer
ruining someones life.

I – btw – got everything downloaded. For launchpad it took an account and the
set up of bzr with SSH. Now it does not compile, but I guess that's off-topic
here.

Sincerely,

Malte