sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Proposal: Start verifying self-signatures

From: Johan van Selst
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Proposal: Start verifying self-signatures
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 12:30:13 +0200

Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> So if we're going to introduce new filters, we are going to cause a
> major disruption with the existing SKS network.

A different approach could be to use output filters only for starters.
So still distributing the entire key set between peers, but hiding
undesirable keys and subpackets in search results and queries from
clients.

This does not affect the peering protocol, so it would be less hassle to
introduce. However, it would affect the SKS keyserver pool. Servers that
produce different result sets for clients, should probably not be in the
same pool.

Regards,
Johan