sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Seemingly corrupted DB, not syncing

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Seemingly corrupted DB, not syncing
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 23:39:53 -0400

> On Aug 5, 2015, at 7:06 PM, Gunnar Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I noticed today my keyserver has been failing to sync for several days
> (to say the least – it still reports knowing only about 3920177 keys,
> while I see 4005128 in other servers I supposedly peer with).
>
> Looking at the SKS logs, I see entries such as:
>
> ==> db.log <==
> 2015-08-05 18:01:27 <mail transmit keys> error in callback.:
> Bdb.DBError("BDB0060 PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery")
>
> (but I don't know what recovery it talks about — BDB's?)

Recovery is basically
        cd /var/lib/sks/PTree
        dbXYrecover -ev
where (XY is often the version of Berkeley DB you are running).

(aside)
running dbrecover automagically on next startup isn’t impossibly hard: its just
re-opening
the database file with an additional flag dependent on an error condition.

> Or:
>
> ==> recon.log <==
> 2015-08-05 18:02:40 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
> Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from prefix
> tree")
> 2015-08-05 18:02:40 DB closed
>
> So... In your experience, what should be done? Is my best bet to just
> drop my DB and download a set of dumps again?

Spend a little time figuring out how to automate the mixup. I have posted a
simple
script in the archives (and can repost again) that I run when a machine crashes
and
the sky databases need “fixing”.

But recreating from a dump will “work”  as well.

73 de Jeff