sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Network outage?

From: Kristian Fiskerstrand
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Network outage?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:28:04 +0200

On 08/24/2016 12:50 AM, Hillebrand van de Groep wrote:
> (oops, accidentally pressed reply instead of reply all)
> I can't reach sks-keyservers.net <http://reach sks-keyservers.net> from
> my home connection so I guess there's a routing issue somewhere near
> the sks-keyservers.net <http://the sks-keyservers.net> server(s).
>
> On August 24, 2016 12:46:18 AM GMT+02:00, Danny Horne
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Seems a lot of SKS servers have dropped off the pool (mine included).
>     Major network problem somewhere?
>
>     https://sks-keyservers.net/status/

I don't see anything abnormal on my side at least, but indeed, possible
routing issues is a major reason for the geographical pools being in
existence, many seems to use the full pool only and hit into issues like
this reporting issues in various bug trackers (docker etc)

so if encountering weirdness of any kind, please make sure to record
some DNS info about the state of the pool, traceroute of network etc. My
primary server is located in Oslo, Norway

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand