sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Get SKS to listen on port 80

From: Pete Stephenson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Get SKS to listen on port 80
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:47:16 +0200

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 10:37 PM, Danny Horne <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've googled this and can't find an answer.  The SKS man page states -
>
> -use_port_80
> Have the HKP interface listen on port 80, as well as the hkp_port.
>
> I've added 'use_port_80:'  to sksconf but it doesn't listen on port 80
>
> What to do?
>
> p.s. nothing else is listening on port 80 so it isn't that

(My original response to Danny was not sent to the list. I'm
re-sending it to the list.)

I don't know about getting SKS to listen on port 80, but I just have
Apache (which is acting as a reverse proxy) listen on 80 and forward
requests to SKS listening on localhost at 11371. Here's the relevant
excerpts from my Apache virtualhost:

#####
Listen 178.62.203.205:11371
Listen [2a03:b0c0:2:d0::6e3:a001]:11371
#[other parts snipped for brevity]
<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName ams.sks.heypete.com
    ServerAlias keys.gnupg.net, pool.sks-keyservers.net,
*.pool.sks-keyservers.net
    CustomLog /var/log/apache2/sks80_access.log combined
    <Proxy *>
            Order deny,allow
            Allow from all
    </Proxy>