sks-devel

[Sks-devel] nokeyserver annotation

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: [Sks-devel] nokeyserver annotation
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:19:51 +0100

hi folks--

as you know, i've been trying to make it possible for key to state that
it should be excluded from some keyservers, but those attempts to fix
things have failed thus far due to filter synchronization issues:

https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/pull-request/20/trim-local-certifications-from-any-handled

I want to try again, but with a different approach, and i want feedback
about it.

I'd like the keyservers to reject keys with any self-sigs with the
"nokeyserver" notation.  The novel thing is that this notation doesn't
exist yet :)

No such keys exist on the public keyserver network at all, and nothing
has ever generated such a certification as far as i can tell.

What do people think are the chances that we could deploy the filter
incrementally before any such keys were created?

or is there any other approach that seems plausible?

              --dkg