sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Seeking peers for sks.funkymonkey.org

From: tiker
Subject: [Sks-devel] Seeking peers for sks.funkymonkey.org
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 16:27:32 -0400

Hi,

I am looking for peers for a new SKS keyserver installation.

I am running SKS version 1.1.5 on http://sks.funkymonkey.org:11371.  It
is running on a Raspberry Pi 3 so it won't be incredibly fast.  It is
intended primarily for personal use but anyone can use it.

The Raspberry Pi is physically located in Canada (CA) and is connected
through a decent residential cable internet service.
The machine does not have IPv6 connectivity to the public internet.

I initially loaded a keydump from https://pgp.key-server.io/sks-dump,
dated 2017-05-12.  It took a bit of time getting it to work.
I then updated (with "sks merge") to a keydump dated 2017-06-05 from the
same source.
I now see 4693456 keys loaded.

Port 11371 from the public internet is connected through a reverse proxy
however it is a different device and not linux based.  It does have a
limitation where http://*:11371 can not be set as a rule.  I've added a
few rules to allow some DNS names through such as
http://*.sks-keyservers.net:11371 (but I haven't tested them yet).

I am working on figuring out how upgrade to 1.1.6 but my initial
attempts so far have failed.  I'm going with 1.1.5 for now and will be
setting up a 1.1.6 instance on the side.  I'll send traffic to the new
1.1.6 Raspberry Pi 3 when it's ready.

For operational issues or questions, please contact me directly.

sks.funkymonkey.org 11370 # Rob Debouter <address@hidden> 0x69E5096D

Thanks.
Rob D