sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Cease of operation: *.gnupg.pub

From: Franck Nijhof
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Cease of operation: *.gnupg.pub
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:57:57 +0200

Hi Kristian,

Thank you for your response.
I find it kinda funny and typical to see your response (and other responses as
well).

I do not care which platform you are using. I was just stating that this:

https://git.sumptuouscapital.com/

Is not going to help with getting more people on board in improving things.
Sending git patches? Maybe you should consider tarballs for storing the history
as well.

Secondly, GitHub destroying proper commit message? Nice, haven’t heart that one
before.
I work for a pretty large open source project (listed in the top 10 of GitHub)
and cannot relate to that.

Look at this:

https://git.sumptuouscapital.com/?p=sks-keyservers-pool.git;a=shortlog

One committer? Seriously? This is what GnuPG is using these days?
Please, guys, get your head out of your *censored* and start working together.
Or, at least, create an environment that allows doing so.

My initial message was not about the hosting, but being able to manipulate the
system with ease,
Somehow, that severe and alarming message is now overshadowed by a discussion
on Open Source platforms.

With kind regards,

Franck Nijhof