sks-devel

Re: An evil idea :-)

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: An evil idea :-)
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 06:01:16 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2021, Andreas Puls wrote:

> > One can decide to setup a proxy server without any own backend
> > but redirecting queries to some of the existing servers.
> > No one would recognize the cheating. :-)
> >
> Looks like somebody already done that :)
> Just got a reuqest for the host "sks.undergrid.net"

I mean the fake server should provide a realistic status page
with increasing key number and unique contact ID, fake peer list,
good looking daily and hourly statistics. It has to avoid unveiling.

Of course most of the allegedly peers could be also fake of the same kind.
Finally fake servers lie 20% more keys than the real ones have.
Such a way the real servers will be all dropped from the pool
very cheap.

Line clear!

Gabor