sks-devel

Re: How much storage is required?

From: Andrew Gallagher
Subject: Re: How much storage is required?
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2022 18:35:50 +0100

> On 7 Aug 2022, at 17:19, Samuel Sloniker <sam@kj7rrv.com> wrote:
>
> On 8/7/22 05:17, Andrew Gallagher wrote:
>>
>> sks-keyserver can be run on a smaller disk (by using fastbuild and using the
>> dump directly instead of importing it), however I would not recommend it.
>
> Thank you! What is the problem with using fastbuild?

It’s not fastbuild in particular that I don’t recommend, it’s sks-keyserver in
general. It is single-threaded and so is only suitable to be run as a cluster
behind a load balancer, and it is non-trivial to delete data from it (e.g. in
response to a takedown request). There are still a few sites that run
sks-keyserver in production, but for most people starting out now I recommend
Hockeypuck.