soc-projects-mentors

Re: [Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: [Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:01:09 +0200

Hello,

* Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote on Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 01:17:02PM CEST:
> the final evaluation deadline is *August 26 19:00 UTC*. You can already
> submit your mentor/student evaluations on Melange.

Done (on Tuesday already, in fact).

> I also kindly ask you to reply this message with a
> no-more-than-2-paragraph comment on your overall soc experience,
> including the outcome of your project, your experience with your
> mentor/student, your respective communities, the organization
> administrators (us) and google.

The Automake project was successful, Stefano was very productive on both
the GSoC project as well as on several independent issues/bug reports,
and testsuite coverage surrounding Automake and extending into Autoconf.
And all that despite me having far less time than I hoped I would for
mentoring.

Thanks for administering GSoC for GNU, you've successfully shielded me
at least from any non-mentoring issues.

Cheers,
Ralf