soc-projects-mentors

Re: [Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: [Soc-projects-mentors] Final evaluation deadline approaches
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 14:22:38 -0700

Replying for Kawa (student: Charles Turner).

On 08/23/2011 04:17 AM, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva wrote:
the final evaluation deadline is *August 26 19:00 UTC*. You can already
submit your mentor/student evaluations on Melange.

Done.

I also kindly ask you to reply this message with a
no-more-than-2-paragraph comment on your overall soc experience,
including the outcome of your project, your experience with your
mentor/student, your respective communities, the organization
administrators (us) and google. I will share your experiences in a
lightning talk at the upcoming GNU Hackers Meeting this weekend in
Paris. Feel free to post to the list as well if you wish so.

It's worked out quite well.  Charles has worked hard to understand
and solve a complex problem, and has done an excellent job.
We've interacted well to collectively understanding the problem and solutions.
I think Charles has leaned a lot, and has contributed useful and clean code,
which is basically ready for check-in.  We (including Charles) initially
hoped he might have had time for one or two related smaller follow-on projects,
but of course coding usually takes much longer than expected.

A second student might have been nice, but I'm glad we didn't
get three students!
--
        --Per Bothner
address@hidden   http://per.bothner.com/