Re: [Social-discuss] Is there any dev work?

From: Ian Denhardt
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Is there any dev work?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 17:55:41 -0500

Right now we're in the design phase. We've got a wiki page up at:

http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Group:GNU_Social

What's up there now is just the result of a brainstorming session Sean and I had yesterday. If you have some ideas that aren't up there, it's a wiki for a reason.

As to who's working on the project, There's Matt Lee, who works for the FSF and came up with the idea, and then there's Sean and I, who are a couple of college students who were looking for something to do over the summer. We contacted Matt and met with him at the FSF office a couple weeks ago, to discuss some ideas. I don't know of anyone else currently particularly involved, but I could be missing people.

As I said, I think what we need the most right now are ideas. So throw some ideas up on the wiki page, and we'll go from there.

-Ian