Re: [Social-discuss] Re: Which framework?

From: László Török
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Re: Which framework?
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:07:05 +0100

I haven't gone futher than playing with for couple of days. It also
has a well established community.
The biggest downside IMHO is poor documentation (although you get help
at the forums etc.) and that they don't take full advantage of modern
php5 features. Some think that some of the concepts and architectural
decisions in CakePHP are quite obsolete. I've heard that they are
working on the 2.x line as well, where they plan to drop php4 backward
compatiblity, but I don't think there is a target release date yet.

- Idézett szöveg megjelenítése -